Woodinville High School Theatre Company Boosters Scholarships, 2019
Woodinville High School Theatre Company (WHSTC) Boosters Scholarships are awarded to graduating students
who have demonstrated outstanding aptitude in the study and practice of acting and theater tech. A
minimum of four scholarships in the amount of $200 or greater will be awarded in both the area of Acting
and the area of Theater Tech.
The minimum criteria for consideration for the WHTSC Booster Scholarships are:
- Graduating senior from Woodinville High School (WHS)
- Participation (for acting or tech, as appropriate) in at
least one of the three major performance runs (Fall Show, Winter Show, or Spring Musical) during their senior school year.
- Enough accumulated participation hours in their high school career to meet the qualifications for the International Thespian Society by May 31st, 2019.
The above criteria, along with the acting vs. tech theater affinity, will be assessed from faculty records; applying students do not need to include this information in their application for the scholarships.
Additionally, the following criterion must be met as well:
- Acceptance and enrollment in an accredited institution for higher learning (such as a college, university, trade school, or military academy)
The WHSTC Boosters recognize that the usefulness and applicability of the skills acquired in studying acting or theater tech at WHS is not limited to a career on the stage, and so there is no requirement that an awardee should intend to major in the fine arts.
The final awardees will be chosen by the WHSTC Booster Scholarship Committee, in consultation with WHS faculty with consideration of individual excellence in acting or tech; character; leadership; participation; demeanor. The names of the awardees will be announced in early June, with awards disbursed thereafter.
Students wishing to be considered for an award should submit the following information to
firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com by May 31st, 2019:
Subject: WHSTC Booster 2019 scholarship application for (insert name here)
- Full name:
- Home address:
- Phone number:
- Higher learning institution enrolled in: